EAC marking is a conformity mark put on products (or packing, label, regulatory documents) to indicate approval of the product by requirements set by law. Apart from safety and quality...
A clothing certification is a document obtained in order to certify the quality of a line of clothing and its adherence to envisaged safety norms passed and written in regulatory documents.
Clothing certification is considered obligatory and without completing it the corresponding procedure, no producer/importer of regulated merchandise will not be entitled to:
- Manufacture consumer goods permitted by law;
- Import/export its products;
- Sell and implement other operations with its merchandise;
- Exploit products for industrial, enterprise, or commercial purposes.
Certification for clothing is an obligatory procedure implemented in various forms using different schemes and is based on various regulatory documents, depending on the specific type of certifiable merchandise:
- Clothing for firemen is certified according to domestic TR according to FZ 123 for fire safety;
- Consumer goods designed for protection are to undergo quality evaluation in accordance with TR TS 019/2011 for means of protection;
- Children’s clothing and shoes must complete confirmation procedure according to Technical Regulation TS 007/2011 for children’s and teenager merchandise;
- For the certification of other types of clothing, TR TS 017/2011 is applied for consumer goods.
The documents listed above in some cases presume the completion of certification for clothing; however, often times the law envisages declaration of the clothing. The mean difference between declaring clothing and obtaining a certificate for clothing is that the entity that will be responsible for the information contained in the declaration will be the applicant itself, rather than the certifying authority.
Voluntary Clothing Certification
On top of required documents which are needed to certify quality, the possibility to formalize a clothing certificate voluntarily is envisaged as well. Such a document is not obligatory, but it does provide the entity that owns it an array of significant advantages, which include:
- A higher level of trust from consumers;
- A higher amount of sales;
- Respect amongst your partners;
- Additional preference for tender;
Also, voluntary certification for clothing is characterized by the fact that the producer/distributer of the merchandise itself will be entitled to choose the fundamental characteristic, the accordance of which the regulated merchandise will be proven.
The processes for conducting the declaration and certification of consumer goods are complex processes consisting of several stages, each of which is regulated on the state level:
- Establishing the codes of the wares and identifying the product;
- Consulting a specialized certification center;
- Collecting the documents envisaged for conducting quality evaluation;
- Taking samples of the merchandise and conducting examinations;
- Evaluating safety for production (when necessary).
In the event of the successful conclusion of the necessary procedures, the corresponding document will be formalized and entered into a special register.
You can stop by Rostest Latvia to submit an application to conduct the certification of clothing or declare it. The experts of our center will provide you an array of high-quality services, as well as provide you a free consultation on issues of certification.