EAC marking is a conformity mark put on products (or packing, label, regulatory documents) to indicate approval of the product by requirements set by law. Apart from safety and quality...
Rospotrebnadzor is a Federal service that exercises sanitary and epidemiological control in the field of consumers’ rights protection and welfare.
The main normative document that regulates Rospotrebnadzor’s activity is the RF Governmental resolution No 322 of June 30, 2004. This state body is controlled by the RF Ministry of Healthcare and Social Development.
Overall management of Rospotrebnadzor federal service is carried out by the RF Chief Sanitary Doctor who is appointed by the RF Government upon being advised by the RF Minister of healthcare and social development.
Rospotrebnadzor conducts its activity via its local branches working in regions, cities and districts.
The main powers of Rospotrebnadzor are as follows:
- Sanitary, epidemiological control over companies and other entities for observing sanitary legislation.
- State control over fulfilling requirements of legislative acts that govern relationship in the field of consumer rights protection.
- State control over economic agents for observing rules for selling specific goods and providing services.
Rospotrebnadzor experts are granted with the following rights:
- Conducting examinations, analysis, tests, expertise, and scientific research that are necessary for control in a certain sphere of activity.
- Preventing violation of sanitary acts and regulations.
- Applying preventive and restrictive measures targeted at preventing or amending violations of sanitary requirements by economic agents and citizens.