EAC marking is a conformity mark put on products (or packing, label, regulatory documents) to indicate approval of the product by requirements set by law. Apart from safety and quality...
Fire safety certification of export products is conducted to confirm that it is in a state of being able to prevent the occurrence of fire and prevent the effect on people and their property.
Certificate of fire safety is issued after the certification. According to the technical regulations of the Russian Federation “On Fire Safety”, such products are subject to it:
- mobile fire extinguishers;
- fire hoses and nozzles, foam mixer and foam generators;
- protective facilities, equipment and devices used for rescue operations in case of fire;
- additional equipment employees of MES;
- powder formulations, liquid, foam fire extinguishing;
- fire automation devices and protection circuits;
- materials for finishing evacuation routes, subway rolling stock, railway formulations;
- means for protection against fire;
- equipment, which is an integral part of the system of protection against smoke (except the channels of systems engineering);
- door mine hoists;
- cable products, cable ducts and penetrations, plastic pipes and channels intended for laying cables and sealed bushings;
- fill of apertures of fire barriers;
- wires, cables, which are flame retardant;
- fire resistant cables;
- cables with low smoke and gas emission;
- components for sprinkler installations;
- self-contained units for firefighting.
Procedure for obtaining a certificate of fire safety
Certificate of fire safety is issued after the certification, if the verification of the above objects of technical regulation gave a positive result.
Technical regulations of the Russian Federation have 6 certification schemes: 4 of them are designed for serial production, the rest – for the individual parties, individual units.
Schemes for verification of the production:
- 2c – certificate is issued after an analysis of the production, testing of selected type samples in a special accredited laboratory.
- 3c – certificate is issued after the test of the products. After certification, is conducted the inspection control of the state of the production.
- 4c – certificate is issued after an analysis of the production and testing. After certification, is conducted the inspection control.
- 5c – certificate is issued after the tests and the verification of the effectiveness of the QMS. After certification, is organized the inspection control.
Certification for individual parties or individual units is provided by two schemes – 6 and 7.
For obtaining the certificate of fire safety, except testing products, Latvian manufacturers will need to pass a documentary examination. To do this, the manufacturer submits to the certification centre registration, technical and regulatory documents of the enterprise.
Validity of the certificate
The validity of the document of compliance is determined depending on the chosen verification scheme.
If was tested commercially available products, the certificate may act 1, 3 or 5 years (Scheme 2, 3, 4 and 5 respectively).
For a party or a unit of products certificate is issued for the time during which the product can be used for its purposes. If such a period, the manufacturer is not established, the certificate will end one year after its issue.
Apply to the certification centre “Rostest Latvia” if you plan to export to the Russian Federation products, which are subject to the verification of fire safety. We guarantee the shortest possible time, professional advice and personal approach.